It's a pretty quiet week on baby front, seems like we're kind of in a holding pattern until our 20 week appointment, but I suppose that's a good thing that nothing has happened calling for attention. :-)
Here's our reading form this week's baby center...Head to rump, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, although he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.Read more about this week
And the reading from thebump.com... Baby's now the size of a sweet potato!
Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements. More about baby this week
|Week 18 - Bell Pepper. Sweet Potato|
|Week 18 - Bell Pepper. Sweet Potato #2|
- Size - getting bigger! Grow baby grow!
- Cravings - Nothing in particular that I can name. Eating more chocolate than I normally would just because we have Easter baskets to take care of...that's the only reason. ;-)
- What I love - everything so far
- What I'm looking forward to the most - summer
- Worries - not feeling the baby move yet...I know, calm down..but seriously c'mon!
- Symptoms - more trips to the bathroom than usual.
- Sleep - same crazy dreams (even one where I was drinking beer), but overall I feel like I am more tired during the night, so it is easier to fall asleep.
- Movement -nothing yet
- Milestones - getting every major event scheduled for the summer - classes, showers, etc. Glad to have that plan in action and ready to execute come July.
- Best comment from the public - nothing memorable
- Best moment of the week - nothing memorable
- Tony took his first trip solo for work - it was a success for the most part, but a learning experience too.
- My work has slowed down since two weeks ago, I have a trip scheduled this week (work related) so that should help the time to pass.
- I had a quick visit to Winona on Saturday, then we met up with friends for dinner
- While I was gone, Tony got the yard cut for the first time (YAY), cleaned out his car and started (almost finished the grill assembly)
- When we were out for dinner we found out one of my closest friends is also expecting, due the week of Thanksgiving.
- Sunday we made a quick trip to dad's to drop off Tony's car for storage...seems odd to see the cavi go since he's been driving it for 12 years...but a good move! That meant I also got to drive the truck over to dad's...it is NICE!
Have a great week!